So, it’s one of those days. Your sweet tooth is going nuts, and you’d also like to finish it off with something salty – but you don’t want to ruin your diet.
Here’s where our sweet and salty popcorn cake comes in!
This recipe is certainly indulgent, but our popcorn helps lighten the guilt surrounding this dessert.
Our popcorn is high in protein, which means it will fill you up faster than a similar cake made with regular microwave popcorn.
It will also be kinder to your body since it has half the fat of microwave popcorn as well.
Here’s what you’ll need:
• 8 cups of lightly salted Ips Perfect Pop
• ½ cup (1 stick) of unsalted grass fed butter
• 2 ten-ounce packages of mini marshmallows
• 2 cups of chocolate candies
• 1 ½ cups of broken pretzel sticks
For cooking materials, you will need a bundt pan, large saucepan, a couple of spatulas, measuring cups, aluminum foil, and a large mixing bowl.
1. Spray your bundt pan with cooking spray (or grease it with butter).
2. Put the popcorn in a large mixing bowl.
3. Mix in the chocolate candies and broken pretzel sticks.
4. Melt one stick of butter over low heat in a large saucepan.
5. Stir the mini marshmallows into the butter until smooth.
6. Remove the butter and marshmallow mixture from heat.
7. Allow the mixture to cool for two minutes while stirring.
8. Pour the marshmallows and butter over the popcorn mixture.
9. Stir until all ingredients are combined and then press into the bundt pan.
10. Cover with foil and let the cake set for an hour to cool.
11. When you are ready to serve that cake, loosen the sides of it from the pan by running a butter knife around the edges and then flip the cake onto your serving platter.
There you are!
You’ve made a delicious popcorn cake.
You’ll want to make sure it cools completely before you serve it.
If you try to cut it while it’s still warm, it’s more likely to fall apart.
Also, it’s best if it’s eaten on the same day that it’s made, though you can store it airtight for up to two days.
This recipe is great for parties and family get-togethers, so be sure to stock up on our popcorn ahead of time.
And if you enjoy our popcorn, you’re sure to enjoy our chips too!